Monday, November 5, 2007

Oh yeah...that running thing

My last run of over a mile was in September. My last 1 mile failure (or feedback, per Renee) run was in early October. After a month off while faithfully sticking to my physical therapy schedule, I am happy to report that I had a wildly successful 3 mile run this morning. I won't go so far as to say I was fast, but I was somewhere between 1 and 2 minutes per mile faster than I was before the break and the rigorous PT. I still have a long way to go, but without a doubt this is the most encouraging run I have had in a good long time.

Undoubtedly, as hard as it is for me to admit, something really and truly was/is wrong with me. I am just glad I know how to fix it, albeit painfully slowly.

The hips are tight so I am considering alternating running days with yoga days (or somehow combining them).

Still up for the Triple Crown, Alecia?

1 comment:

Pete said...

You're a strong woman with lots of running still to do.Way to persevere Jenny!