Tuesday, March 18, 2008

The little things


All of the little races are now out of the way. Since I really started back racing in December, I have run a 4K, 2 5Ks and a 4 miler. I skipped out on my 10K last Saturday because of whatever weird funk I was in. That leaves my 10 miler in a little shy of 2 weeks plus my half mary in just over a month.

Making the move back to distance running is liberating but scary. Races make me nervous anyway. Derek has to practically drag me out of the house for each and every one. The longer distances make that even harder because I have more to psych myself out about.

I am grateful to have a supportive partner who goes with me to every race, braves the cold, the snow and the rain, and waits patiently for my slow ass to cross the finish line.

1 comment:

katie said...

jenny, that is a beautiful picture of you. i can't believe how big E is these days! he strikes me as a kid i'd love to spend some time with.
-katie