Friday, August 22, 2008

Marathon Training

Marathon training has officially started! In reality this doesn't mean much except that the running schedule is no longer in my head, it is on a piece of paper. This week's running has been less than stellar because of the delights of being a woman. I start the pill on Sunday for the first time in 10 years. I seriously can't wait!

So increasing my long runs back up past 10 miles has brought on several reminders and realizations:

1. Clif shot bloks are amazing things. I especially like the orange ones with a little shot of caffeine.

2. There is a LOT of litter on the road that you don't notice while driving.

3. I hate trash day and the smells that go with it.

4. Anything over 10 miles brings on random but temporary pains in body parts that I didn't know existed

5. Speedwork is useful but hard as hell to convince myself to do at 5 in the morning

This weekend's plan - 5 miles tonight, travel to Ohio and back tomorrow, then get up extra early for a 12.5 miler Sunday morning. Hooray!

2 comments:

Me said...

Thanks so much for the update. This is lmjolsness from CAM. My half is soon - August 31. Sounds like I need to find the Clif shot bloks. I have just been using the sharkies.

AuntJenny said...

Ooo - I have never tried the sharkies, but I love the bloks. They're magical. Good luck this weekend - you'll do beautifully!