Friday, June 22, 2007

Happy Birthday Ethan!



Three months ago, at about this hour, I got a phone call saying that a healthy baby boy with curls and a cute nose was born. The next day, on his auntie Alecia's 30th birthday, we got to meet Ethan and his birthmom and grandmother. Now here we are, three months later, and although the shock of the speed of the process has worn off, the excitement is still there. I am fully aware that I have first-time-mommyitis, but I am embracing it! He is such a joy and has added a whole new dimension to our lives. The pic above is one of the first we took of him - the first time I fed him.

This morning was a beautiful time to run. It was cool and breezy, and yesterday's day off made me feel energetic and pleasant. If all runs were like today's, everyone would be a runner and I wouldn't have had so much trouble getting back on track.

No comments: