Monday, June 16, 2008

Training for training

I have more than six months to train for the Disney Marathon in January, so why can I not stop thinking about it? I got a really great marathon training schedule from Jamie last week, and I am so ready to start it now.

Over the last several weeks, I have been experimenting with my blood sugar and I am pretty sure I have found the solution to my slowness and leaden-leggedness of the last couple of years. I think that the adrenaline of potentially running well again coupled with the excitement of a destination marathon gets me jittery with anticipation all over again.

So where does that leave me right now? I have been doing less than 15 miles a week for a couple months as I have been trying to figure out my screwed up physiology. The first thing I want to do is to build back up to 20-25 miles per week. I can do that within a couple weeks, assuming I can figure out how to convince myself to add back my weekend long run. Second, I need to shed about 15 lbs that I have been holding on to since before Ethan was born. I am a better runner when I am a lighter runner, but there is no way I want to train for a marathon while trying to lose weight. Finally, I need to get some new running shoes. I have been happy with my Pearl Izumis, so I'll probably be searching online. I am planning to train to get ready to start my training. Obsessive.

No comments: